Thursday, November 30, 2006

My new Favorite Sport



Very well. Of All Sports I have definitely come to find this one the most... Intriguing. According to the rules, it's a mixture of football [soccer], volleyball, capoeira, jumping from inflated things and a trampoline. Extremely Dangerous I'll say!! Can you imagine how easily it may be to break a neck doing a 740-Method McTwist skateboard-alike, capoeira-style, kick? Death for sure!!!
But... at least this is an exciting sport! Nothing of the barely-warm A-league games I've been watching. And watching this sport surely beats talking about politics - which this week is a gloomy, dreadful topic.
All I hear is about the super-salaries of $24,000-plus and we are here trying to plug financial loopholes for Christmas Season. It's this and the oh-so-lame talk about Social Security Pension debt, where these assheads politicians can't even do math.
But let's get back to the game.
The aim of Bossaball is for each team to ground the ball on the opponent's field. In order to do so each team may have physical contact with the ball at most 8 times, and in the meantime the trampoline jumper should prepare to strike a spetacular *claps of excitement* smash.
Now we just wonder... how to keep standing up on inflatable floor swinging to the rhythm of the Bossa and... there is more: they can touch the ball only once with their hands, and twice with their feet or head.

I have a stupid shower accident last week which caused me to have a semi-paralyzed right shoulder, but the upside was the doctor prescribed me some interesting medications which info said, "adverse reactions may include visual reactions such as hallucinations". Now their public! I just picture myself being a bossaball player... And believe me I was HORRIBLE at high school. I was so bad at ball sports I managed to convince the Phys. Ed. Teacher to have a separate class of gym. The only sport I was good at was Handball but - uh oh - I was kicked out of the championship for excessive violence in court. Dunno how that came to pass.

So, I suggest we request Bossaball to be the new official sport in This Country, since soccer is deadly boring now and there is no sign of promising stars next season. At least if no scores are made, we can still party at the Beach Rave on the side.

No comments: